A Toddler Vegetable Garden Cooking Adventure!
1 cup silverbeet leaves and stalks
2 cloves garlic
1 brown onion
3 1/3 cup plain flour
1 sachet yeast (7g)
1 1/2 cup luke warm water
extra flour for kneading
- Roughly chop tomato, onion and silverbeet.
- Add all ingredients into a food processor, blending until fine.
- Fry off until liquid is nearly all removed.
- Set aside to cool.
- Add flour to bowl, make a well in the middle to add yeast.
- Pour in water to activate yeast, mix with a wooden spoon (your hand) until dough pulls from side of bowl.
- Wet dough onto a floured surface and knead until dough is stretchy and smooth (around 8-10 minutes).
- Place in a greased bowl preferably somewhere shaded and warm for dough to prove. Dough needs to rise to around twice its size to be fully proved and needs a temperature of around 30 degrees to do so. Somewhere sunny or close to the oven while you preheat it can work.
- Once dough has proved, punch the dough down to release air. Lightly knead and roll dough out onto a greased tray until around 1cm in height.
- Poke holes in the dough all over using a fork, this will help the dough hold shape later.
- Spread the savoury sauce evenly over dough.
- Starting at the shorter end of your rectangle dough shape, roll dough over until you are left with a large log.
- Using a sharp, floured knife, cut the dough into slices roughly 2cm in shape.
- Place ‘wheels’ onto a greased and floured tray and bake in the over on 200 degrees for around 30 minutes or until wheels are golden brown.